Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

Happy 2012! This is where I rang in the new year:


A couple friends and I were a few blocks from the bay bridge and had a spectacular view of the amazing fireworks show that started right at midnight. Before that was a brewery, before that was dinner and drinks, and before that was drinks at my house. It was a good night indeed!

And now for my second annual New Year survey...

1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
Live in San Francisco, work a 9-5 job, skydive, road trip to San Diego, camp (kind of) in Yosemite, wine taste in Napa, attend Pride in SF, surf...

2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't make new years resolutions last year, but have a couple this year.

- I'm giving myself 2 years (I'm shooting for 1 1/2) to go on a big trip by myself. Right now my goal is to spend 3-4 weeks in Southeast Asia. I know there are tour groups for people under 30 years old that have package deals that bus/fly to different countries. Malaysia, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos... yes please!

- Lead a healthier and more active life... and no complaints if this leads to losing some weight :)

- Read more. Instead of turning on the TV and being a zombie, pick up a good book. Not hard right now. Anyone read The Hunger Games series? Omg, good stuff!

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Negative.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thankfully.


5. What countries did you visit?
Zero, zilch, nada. I'm slacking, hence new year resolution #1 :)

6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
More weekend getaways! Travel more and try new things. Exercise more, which hopefully shouldn't be hard with my zumba and kickboxing classes :)

7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched on your memory, and why?
May - graduating college. June - Moving to SF. Nov/Dec - Just because I love the holidays with my fam ♥

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
That'd have to be graduating college and finding myself a big girl job in the city.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Well it's not necessarily a failure, but I let the stresses of moving to the city and the job search really get to me. Losing my optimism is never good for me.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No, thankfully.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
A massage ♥ Best thing for sure.

12. Where did most of your money go?
Rent. Wha-wha-wha.

13. What did you get really excited about?
My graduation. My big move. My Lisa visiting from Ireland :) My new job. The holidays.

14. What song will always remind you of 2011?
Teach me how to dougie

15. Compared to this time last year, are you:

Happier or sadder? Right now I'm happier :)
Thinner or fatter? I believe the same. But it wouldn't hurt to lose a few lbs.
Richer or poorer? Same? The city is pricey! Fingers crossed for a promotion soon that changes that.


16. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Read, travel, exercise.


17. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Stress. Be lazy.

18. How did you spend Christmas?
In Sacramento/Roseville with the fam bam.

19. What was your favorite TV program?
I have some new ones: New Girl & Hart of Dixie, 90210, and my guilty reality TV pleasures - Jersey Shore and the multiple Kardashian shows.

20. What were your favorite books of the year?
Right now The Hunger Games is dominating
all.

21. What was your favorite music from this year?
Hip hop. It just makes me want to dance!

22. What were your favorite films of this year?
Bridesmaids wins hands down for best movie of 2011!

23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 23 and went wine tasting with my favorite girls.

24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I don't think anything could have made it immeasurably more satisfying, but I could have stressed less
and enjoyed the little things more.

26. What kept you sane?
Mi familia ♥

Here's to another great year. Good things in store for 2012 :)

2 comments:

  1. We learn so much about ourselves during stressful times. It all just makes us stronger individuals. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete