Monday, March 28, 2011

Spring Break

I had to do something amazing for my last Spring break! A couple friends and I headed to Del Mar and San Diego, where we spent a week enjoying the Southern California sun!

I love road trips, and the eight hour drive was so much fun! We witnessed sun, rain and snow throughout the long drive.



We started in Del Mar, where we stayed with my friend's grandparents. We spent most of our time on or near the beach. And I learned to play bocce ball!








Then we headed to San Diego, where we stayed with some of my friend's family friends. We spent a full day at the well-known San Diego Zoo.

My favorites were the gorillas and koalas!







We spent one day at Mission Beach. We started the day off right with brunch and a champagne bucket for mimosas, yum!





We spent our final day at Sea World. We know somebody that knows somebody, so we got a few special privileges here.

Like feeding a capybara!



And petting a water monitor



and a hedgehog (I now want one)!



We also got to feed baby sea turtles.



Thanks to our hosts for the wonderful hospitality!

It was just the break I needed. Now, back to the grind. Seven weeks of school left and I'll be a college graduate!

1 comment: