Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Meant to be?

So I moved to San Francisco (three days ago to be exact) in hopes to find something to do with my life post-grad. I'm interested in working for a non-profit organization and I thought SF was the place to go since there are so many here. And if I don't find exactly what I want, at least I'll be living in an incredible city, right?!

I'm currently subletting a place from the sweetest girl who is spending the next month or so on the East Coast. When we talked about my plans in San Francisco, she was confident I would find a job. Why, you ask? She swears her place brings good luck, in the job market specifically. When she moved in, she immediately found her dream job - after having no such luck for months prior. Then one of her friends was looking for a job in the city before having to crash at her place for a few days when... she landed her dream job!

If that isn't enough to convince you, we found this book in the apartment:


What Should I Do With My Life? by Po Bronson, the true story of people who answered the ultimate question. It contains inspirational true stories of people who have overcome fear and confusion to find a larger truth about their lives and, in doing so, have been transformed by the experience.

Meant to be?! I guess we will see...

Now I'm off to speed read this thing :)

1 comment:

  1. I have to read that book now! Thanks. Good luck on your San Francisco adventures. I'm looking forward to them.

    ReplyDelete