Tuesday, October 5, 2010

I started blogging last year while I was living in Dublin, Ireland. Even though I'm back in my rather boring and normal life, I thought I'd continue to write. The change in location called for a change in my blog title, as 'A California Girl in Dublin' no longer seemed fitting. You can find that blog at www.a-california-girl-in-dublin.blogspot.com

I can finally say that I am starting to get used to life back in the states, although it wasn't and still isn't easy. The immediate reverse culture shock was a bit unexpected and difficult, but I thought it would pass quickly. I was caught off-guard when it stayed with me months after my return, and even now I'm struggling.

As of tomorrow, I will have been back in California for three months. Since then, I’ve had the opportunity to catch up with family and friends that I appreciate even more so than before I had left. I took a small (annual) trip to the coast with my mom which was just what I needed to get adjusted to things back here. I moved back to Sacramento, where my friend Kelly and I found the most adorable two-story townhome that we love. I went back to Red Lobster and started serving again. My managers and coworkers were more than welcoming with my return. As maid of honor, I planned my sister's bridal shower and bachelorette party, both of which were a huge success and so much fun. I I started my last year of college and have been working hard and maintaining very good grades. Next on my list is finding an internship and figuring out what I'm going to do after I graduate.

I am so excited and determined for this year and the future. I’m still unsure about what exactly I’ll be doing, but I’ve finally accepted it. I know I’m going to do great things and it’s kind of exciting not knowing what’s going to happen. Yes, Life Is Good Pictures, Images and Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment