Monday, November 22, 2010

Thankful

Since Thanksgiving is right around the corner (which btw, I am SO excited for!), I thought I'd mention those things in my life that I am most thankful for.


FAMILY - I absolutely love my family, and couldn't have asked for a better one! I have more of an appreciation for them after being so far from and not seeing them for an entire year. I am so thankful that I am able to spend the holidays with them this year. Even though last year was fabulous as I spent Thanksgiving in an Irish pub (okay not that great) and Christmas swimming in the ocean and on the beach of the Canary Islands in Spain (yes, that great!), nothing can beat spending quality time with those you love during this time of year. I wouldn't trade this Thankgiving or Christmas for anything!


FRIENDS - I have the best friends! I have a variety of great friends that are all so different; I have old friends, new friends, friends that live close, friends that live on different continents, friends that I see on a daily basis, friends that I see once a year, friends with personalities just like mine, and friends that differ from me tremendously. Even though all my friends are different and unique in their own special way, they are all amazing and I'm so lucky to have them. The older I get the better I am able to distinguish the acquaintainces from the friends and the good friends from the great friends. And I wouldn't trade them for anything.


MY EDUCATION - There is a high possibility that I am thankful for my education because I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel, but I am, nonetheless, thankful for it. In my five years of college (ahem... yes, super senior over here!) I have gained an unmeasurable about of knowledge in not only that which I study, but in life as well. Not only am I better prepared for the workforce and life in general, but I have grown to enjoy and appreciate learning. It was just the other day that I sat in class thinking about how I was going to miss my favorite classes and how much I learn from them every day.


OPPORTUNITIES - "A window of opportunity won't open itself."

I have had so many opportunities and as I am nearing graduation, I am so thankful for all of the opportunities ahead of me. Right now my biggest challenge is finding out what type of career I want to pursue and where. Even though this is a huge decision ahead of me, I am truly lucky to be facing this positive stressor. I honestly believe I will find the job that is perfect for me. I have confidence that within the next few years I will be successful and happy with whatever I choose to do. I do believe that all my hard work and dedication over the years has led me to these opportunities, but I've also been fortunate enough to have a good support system along the way. (Let's hope I maintain this optimism throughout this recession and discouraging application process)

Thanksgiving

No comments:

Post a Comment