Sunday, November 14, 2010

She really gets around

While reflecting on my college years, I realized I have moved to a different city every year for that past five years. In those five years, I lived in four cities.

1. Redding - I spent my first year of college living in Redding, about an hour north of my hometown. I attended Shasta College while playing basketball for the JC.

2. Corning - I moved back to Corning, my hometown, and commuted to Shasta my final year while working at a local store.

3. Sacramento - I moved to Sacramento, about two hours south of my hometown, after transferring to CSU Sacramento. I went to school and worked at a nearby restaurant.

4. Dublin - I studied abroad in Dublin, Ireland, across the United States, Atlantic ocean and about 5,300 miles from my hometown. I spent the year attending DCU and traveling Europe.

5. Sacramento - I am currently back in Sacramento finshing my degree and working at the same restaurant I was at before.

I absolutely despise moving, but I firmly believe experiences are vital to growing and learning as a person. And I feel I have discovered new things and learned about myself with each location I've lived. I am 85% sure that I will move to yet another city after graduation. I do have some particular ones in mind, but I am I open to pretty much anything. I think I could move to any city, any state, any country or any continent and be happy. Over the years I've realized that it doesn't really matter where in the world you are, you make that place home and whether you are happy or not is entirely dependent on your attitude. Even though it is a pain to move so much and the adjustment period isn't always fun, I feel it is completely worth it. I love that I have the opportunity to move and experience so much, as this is the perfect time in my life to do so. I honestly have no clue where I'm going to live for the majority of my life, or even where I'm going to be next year. But not knowing is part of the adventure and I believe that life is about the journey, not the destination.


Road to Happiness Pictures, Images and Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment