Sunday, December 5, 2010

California International Marathon

It literally took one minute to walk across the street from my house to watch the marathon, so I couldn't pass that up! I could hear people screaming and cheering on the runners when I woke up in the morning. I decided to head over with my sister (who lived closer to the finish line, but it was much more fun watching together). They started in Folsom and made the 26-mile journey to the capitol. We saw them at mile 22, and I was so happy and proud of everyone! It almost made me tear up to see complete strangers cheering on other complete strangers. And I actually did a bit when some people showed up for their grandma (amazing!) and hooked up speakers and played this song:



doesn't it just make you want to cry?! Okay it may be just me and my female hormones...

I would LOVE to participate in something like this (hmmm training to start in the next few months?!), but maybe just a bit shorter :)

Well done marathon participants, you are an inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment