Tuesday, December 28, 2010

One Wonderful Week

Since I missed the holidays with my family last year, I decided I was going to go back to my parents' house for an entire week. I felt like I needed the break from my life's stresses and was really looking forward to spending quality time with those so important to me that I don't get to see often. Every day was perfect, I just wish it hadn't gone by so quickly!

Monday - I just relaxed at my parents' place with my mom. I wrapped presents, ate a lot of good food, and ended the day with a movie and short Christmas light drive.

Tuesday - Tuesday was our designated baking day. We made lots of cookies that were to be delivered the next day.

(my favorite part was hand-crafting these festive cookies!)



Wednesday - We went to my hometown (about 15 minutes away) and delivered the delicious plates of goodies to a bunch of different houses. I believe Mom and I went to four of her friends' houses for tea and fun visits. Afterwards, I went to one best friend's (since first grade!) parents' house, where I got to visit with her and her family well into the night.

Thursday - Mom and I went to nearby Chico for some last-minute shopping, haircuts and a delicious lunch. I went back to Chico later that night to go out to the bars with some old friends and had a blast!



Friday - On Christmas Eve, my parents and I went to my grandma's house for Christmas dinner with some of my family. Afterwards we went to church and sang Christmas songs, one of my favorite Christmas traditions!

Saturday - Our entire family was together for Christmas and had a wonderful time exchanging our Secret Santa gifts, visiting and enjoying our delicious dinner.







(the family was impatient with my camera timer, so this was the best group picture I could get, despite many people missing)



Sunday - On my last day, my sister and I helped my mom pack for the big move (yay, it's coming soon!)

And I'll end this post with a rather interesting and unique Christmas tree. Actually, I call it the Christmas bush. It's a long story, but here it is:


Yes, it's decorated with elves with our faces on them!

No comments:

Post a Comment